Skip to content
Outdoor Action is now an integrated part of Freshmen Orientation
Starting in 2016 the OA Frosh Trip will be an integrated part of the orientation process for incoming freshmen. Next fall students will arrive on September 3 for two days of orientation in the residential colleges followed by either a 5-day Outdoor Action or Community Action trip. There will be a new program for fall freshmen athletes that incorporates some of the same trail-side discussions about campus life that happens on OA.
This is a momumental step forward for OA. It recognizes and applauds the impact that OA has had for freshmen for over forty years and transforms the program from 'optional pre-orientation' to an integrated and integral part of the orientation process. I want to say thank you to the thousands of OA Alumni Leaders who dedicated themselves to helping incoming students get the very best start at Princeton. You created the model that the University has chosen to implement.
Going forward the OA Frosh Trip will be offered at no charge to all participants. Also, the OA Leader Training Program will now be free to all participants.
- Frosh Trip
- Frosh Trip Dates
19,400+ Princetonians and growing!
These are the Dates for Frosh Trip 2015 for the Princeton Class of 2019
Application materials will be available online to all incoming students in around May 25. Students will need their University NetID and Password to access the online application.
- Late May 2015 - Princeton University NetIDs sent to entering freshmen.
- May 27, 2015 - Applications available online through the Outdoor Action Web Site. The trip is filled on a first-come, first-served basis based on postmark or Web application date.
- June 30, 2015 - Application Deadline. The trip is filled on a first-come, first-served basis based on postmark or Web application date and often fills before June 30.
- Mid-July 2015 - Acceptance information and equipment list emailed to all accepted participants.
- Saturday, September 5, 2015 - Arrive at Princeton - students can move into their dorm rooms. The Housing Office will be from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM for students to get their room keys.
- Saturday, September 5, 2015 - Outdoor Action Check-in at Dillon Gym
- Sunday, September 6, 2015 - Frosh Trip Departs
- Thursday, September 10, 2015 - 4:00 - 8:00 PM - Frosh Trip groups return to campus
- Friday, September 11, 2015 - Freshman Orientation Week Begins