Apply to Lead!
Returning leaders or new leaders who have compeleted all of the Leader Training requirements (including an LTT) must submit their application by March 5, 2017. Leaders-in-Training who will be finish their training by the end of the semester must submit their application by April 30, 2017.
You should NOT make travel arrangements for August until AFTER your Notification Date.
Application Deadline: 5pm on Friday, March 16
Notification: Wednesday, March 28
Application Deadline: midnight, Sunday April 29
Notification: Wednesday, June 13 (after all Spring LTTs have returned)
Frosh Trip 2018 Dates for Leaders
ALL Leaders have to be back on campus on Tuesday, August 28 by 5:00 PM. If you are assigned to one of the trips that requires additional training (see below) you will need to return on the date specified.
- Tuesday, August 28 from 12:00 - 5:00 PM. Advance Teams finishes final Frosh Trip prep
- Tuesday, August 28, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Leader move-in
- Tuesday, August 28, 5:00 PM. Leader Check-in
- Wednesday, August 29 - Saturday, September 1 - Training Workshops
- Sunday, September 2 - Frosh Check-in
- Monday, September 3 - Friday, September 7 - Frosh Trip
- Saturday, September 8 - Leader Clean-up
Early Training Dates
If you are selected to lead one of these trips, you need to return early for special training: Biking, Canoeing, Climbing, Sustainable Farming, Food & Gear Packers, Nature & Spirituality or Base Camp/Outdoor Adventure
- Sunday, August 19 - Food & Gear Packers Return
- Friday, August 24 - Climbing Leaders Return
- Saturday, August 25 - Canoe, Farm, Outdoor Adventure, Biking, and Trail Maintenance Leaders Return
- Sunday, August 26 - Nature & Mindfulness Leaders return
Leaving Things in Storage for the Summer
If you have items like clothing and gear that you need to get to before the Frosh Trip there will be limited Early Arrivals Storage for OA Leaders in Gauss Hall. This means 1-2 boxes only and should only be gear you need for the trip. This will be the ONLY area that you will be able to get into on 8/28 when you return. Gauss Storage hours will be announced in May.