Apply to Lead!
Returning leaders or new leaders who have compeleted all of the Leader Training requirements (including an LTT) must submit their application by March 5. Leaders-in-Training who will be finish their training by the end of the semester must submit their application by April 30.
You should NOT make travel arrangements for August until AFTER you have been notified that you have been selected to lead.
- Application Deadline: 5pm on Monday, March 24
- Notification: Wednesday, April 1
- Application Deadline: midnight, Sunday April 26
- Notification: Wednesday, June 10 (after all Spring LTTs have returned)
Frosh Trip 2020 Dates for Leaders
ALL Leaders have to be back on campus on Tuesday, August 28 by 5:00 PM. If you are assigned to one of the trips that requires additional training (see below) you will need to return on the date specified.
- Tuesday, August 18 from 12:00 - 5:00 PM. Advance Teams finishes final Frosh Trip prep
- Tuesday, August 18, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Leader move-in
- Tuesday, August 18, 5:00 PM. Leader Check-in
- Wednesday, August 19 - Saturday, August 22 - Training Workshops
- Sunday, August 23 - Frosh Check-in
- Monday, August 24 - Thursday, August 27 - Frosh Trip
- Friday, August 28 - Leader Clean-up
Early Training Dates
If you are selected to lead one of these trips, you need to return early for special training: Biking, Canoeing, Climbing, Sustainable Farming, Food & Gear Packers, Nature & Spirituality or Base Camp/Outdoor Adventure
- Monday, August 10 - Food & Gear Packers Return
- Saturday, August 15 - Canoe, ClimbingFarm, Outdoor Adventure, Biking, and Trail Maintenance Leaders Return
- Sunday, August 16 - Nature & Mindfulness Leaders return
Leaving Things in Storage for the Summer
If you have items like clothing and gear that you need to get to before the Frosh Trip there will be limited Early Arrivals Storage for OA Leaders in Gauss Hall. This means 1-2 boxes only and should only be gear you need for the trip. This will be the ONLY area that you will be able to get into on 8/18 when you return. Gauss Storage hours will be announced in May.