When leading an OA trip, all leaders must hold valid CPR and Wilderness First Aid certifications for the duration of the trip. For many students, leading Senior year requires going through the recertification process.
American Heart Association (AHA) CPR, which OA teaches, offers a 2-year CPR certification. To recertify, you can either take another AHA CPR course through OA, or become certified through another organization, such as the American Red Cross.
Schedule for Spring 2017 (Sign-up on TripStore)
- Tuesday, April 11, 7:00-10:30pm (BLS Class)
HEART Wilderness First Aid
HEART Wilderness First Aid is a 2 year certification. If you took HEART Spring 2016 or earlier, you must recertify in order to lead Frosh Trip 2018 (unless you are currently a certified Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness EMT).
The HEART recertification course condenses the full HEART curriculum into 5 hours of hands-on skills and protocol reviews. You must also pass both a written and practical exam after completing the recertificaton class.
Schedule for Fall 2017 & Spring 2018 (Sign-up on TripStore)
- Saturday, December 9, 1-6pm (testing Sunday, Dec. 10, 9am)
- Wednesday, January 10, 1-6pm (testing Thursday, January 11, 9am) Reading Period
- Saturday, February 24, 1-6pm (testing Sunday, February 25, 9am)
- Saturday, April 7, 1-6pm (testing Sunday, April 8, 9am)
- Wednesday, May 9, 1-6pm (testing Thursday, May 10, 9am)