Spring 2022 at the OA Climbing Wall
The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall is an indoor rock climbing & bouldering facility, 32 feet high and 66 feet across with 14 belay stations. It incorporates the latest in climbing wall technology with both vertical and overhanging sections as well as a roof and three artificial cracks. Climbers of all abilities are welcome. Experienced instructors will be on hand to teach skills and assist in solving particular climbing routes. OA will provides all equipment including climbing harness and climbing. The Climbing Wall is open throughout the academic year except during breaks, reading period and final exams. Supervision and coaching provided by OA Climbing Wall Staff.
Climbing is FREE for Princeton University students, faculty and staff.
Never Climbed Before? No experience necessary! We'll teach you!
Wall Access Eligibility
- Only individuals who are in compliance with the University's asymptomatic testing protocol are allowed to climb. This includes undergraduate & graduate students, faculty, and staff.
- If your spouse is also in the asymptomatic testing protocol and has a PU photo ID, they are eligible to climb with prior approval. To request approval, please email OA Director Rick Curtis.
- Princeton University TigerCard/Prox required when accessing the Wall.
OA Climbing Wall Open Hours
Open Hours - anyone can climb for FREE thanks to a grant from the TigerWell fund.
- Mondays 4:30 - 6:30
- Tuesdays 8:00 - 10:00 PM
- Wednesdays 8:00 - 10:00 PM
- Thursdays 10:00 - Midnight
- Fridays 4:30 - 6:30 PM
- Saturdays 1:00 - 3:00 PM - NEW
- Sundays 3:00 - 5:00 PM - NEW
Learn to Belay Classes - FREE
You must take a Belay Class and pass a separate Belay Test in order to belay at the OA Climbing Wall. Sign up at My.Princeton.edu
- Sundays 4:00 - 5:00 PM
- Mondays 5:30 - 6:30 PM
What's Indoor Climbing All About?
Rock Climbing Resources
- Hanging Out - The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall - Princeton Alumni Weekly, November 8, 2000
- Using the OA Climbing Wall
- OA Guide to Belaying
- History of the OA Climbing Wall
- The Joe Palmer '84 Memorial Fund - help support the OA Climbing Program
- Supporting the Climbing Wall - learn how you can help OA raise funds to endow the Climbing Program at Princeton
Local Climbing Areas
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Allamuchy State Park, NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ & PA
- The Gunks, NY