OA Climbing Wall
The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall is an indoor rock climbing & bouldering facility, 32 feet high and 66 feet across with 14 belay stations. It incorporates the latest in climbing wall technology with both vertical and overhanging sections as well as a roof and three artificial cracks. Climbers of all abilities are welcome. Experienced instructors will be on hand to teach skills and assist in solving particular climbing routes. OA will provides all equipment including climbing harness and climbing. The Climbing Wall is open throughout the academic year except during breaks, reading period and final exams. Supervision and coaching provided by OA Climbing Wall Staff.
Climbing is FREE for Princeton University students, faculty and staff.
Never Climbed Before? No experience necessary! We'll teach you!
Bouldering Competition - Prizes, Food & Fun!
- Saturday, March 25, 12:00 - 3:00 PM (drop-in anytime)
Try Bouldering, a style of rock climbing without ropes! Climbup to 10 feet on fun routes of various difficulty levels! Beginners as well as experienced climbers are welcome to join! There is something for everyone! Open to all experience levels - beginner, intermediate, advanced.
OA Climbing Wall Open Hours
Spring 2023 hours begin on Monday, January 30th
The Climbing Wall is during Wintersession!
Open Hours - Princeton students, staff and faculty with an active PUID can climb for FREE. Individuals without a TigerCard (prox) are not eligible to climb.
- Mondays 4:30-6:30pm
- Tuesday 8-10pm
- Wednesdays 8-10pm
- Thursdays 10pm-12am (sponsored by the Alcohol Initiative)
- Fridays 4:30-6:30pm
Learn to Belay Classes - FREE
You must take a Belay Class and pass a separate Belay Test in order to belay at the OA Climbing Wall. Free Belay Classes are avaialable weekly. Register in advance at My.Princeton.edu
Belay Classes: (Classes offered provided a minimum number of people sign up)
- Wednesdays: 4:30-5:30pm
- Fridays: 3:15-4:15pm
- Sundays: 3-4pm
What's Indoor Climbing All About?
Rock Climbing Resources
- Hanging Out - The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall - Princeton Alumni Weekly, November 8, 2000
- Using the OA Climbing Wall
- OA Guide to Belaying
- History of the OA Climbing Wall
- The Joe Palmer '84 Memorial Fund - help support the OA Climbing Program
- Supporting the Climbing Wall - learn how you can help OA raise funds to endow the Climbing Program at Princeton
Local Climbing Areas
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Allamuchy State Park, NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ & PA
- The Gunks, NY