OA Climbing Wall Open Hours
The Outdoor Action top rope climbing room is 32 feet high and 66 feet across with 14 belay stations. It incorporates the latest in climbing wall technology with both vertical and overhanging sections as well as a roof and three artificial cracks. Climbers of all abilities are welcome. Experienced instructors will be on hand to teach skills and assist in solving particular climbing routes. OA will provide harness and climbing shoes.The Climbing Wall is open throughout the academic year except during breaks, reading period and final exams.
Climbing is FREE for Princeton University students, faculty and staff.
Only students, faculty or staff of the University are allowed to climb.Spouses and children of students, faculty or staff are permitted to climb with prior approval from OA Staff (contact the OA Office for obtaining approval). The Wall is not open to the public or to groups visiting the campus.
Never Climbed Before? No experience necessary! We'll teach you!
Climbing Wall Open Hours - Reading Period
- Monday May 7, 4:30 - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday May 8, from 8:00 - 10:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 9, 8:00 - 10:00 PM
- Friday, May 11, 4:30 - 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 15 from 10:00 PM - Midnight: Dean's Date Celebration (FREE FOOD)
Learn to Belay Classes - FREE
What's Indoor Climbing All About?
Rock Climbing Resources
- Hanging Out - The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall - Princeton Alumni Weekly, November 8, 2000
- Using the OA Climbing Wall
- OA Guide to Belaying
- History of the OA Climbing Wall
- The Joe Palmer '84 Memorial Fund - help support the OA Climbing Program
- Supporting the New Climbing Wall - learn how you can help OA raise funds to endow the Climbing Program at Princeton
Local Climbing Areas
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Allamuchy State Park, NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ & PA
- The Gunks, NY