OA Climbing Wall Open Hours
The Outdoor Action top rope climbing room is 32 feet high and 66 feet across with 14 belay stations. It incorporates the latest in climbing wall technology with both vertical and overhanging sections as well as a roof and three artificial cracks. Climbers of all abilities are welcome. Experienced instructors will be on hand to teach skills and assist in solving particular climbing routes. OA will provide harness and climbing shoes.The Climbing Wall is open throughout the academic year except during breaks, reading period and final exams.
Climbing is FREE for Princeton University students, faculty and staff. Never Climbed Before? No experience necessary! We'll teach you!
Climbing Wall Summer Hours - June 13 - July 27
The Wall will be closed from 8/1 until classes resume in September
Mondays & Wednesdays: 5:00 - 7:00 PM
The Climbing Wall is CLOSED on Monday, July 4.
Only members of the University community are allowed to climb. PU ID required
Learn to Belay Classes - FREE
You must take a Belay Class and pass the Belay Test in order to belay at the OA Climbing Wall.
- During regular Wall Open Hours
Where is the OA Climbing Wall?
The Wall is inside the southeast column on the second level of the Football Stadium.
What's Indoor Climbing All About?
Rock Climbing Resources
- Hanging Out - The Outdoor Action Climbing Wall - Princeton Alumni Weekly, November 8, 2000
- Using the OA Climbing Wall
- OA Guide to Belaying
- History of the OA Climbing Wall
- The Joe Palmer '84 Memorial Fund - help support the OA Climbing Program
- Supporting the New Climbing Wall - learn how you can help OA raise funds to endow the Climbing Program at Princeton
Local Climbing Areas
- Ralph Stover State Park, PA
- Allamuchy State Park, NJ
- Delaware Water Gap, NJ & PA
- The Gunks, NY