Frosh Trip 2021
Thank you for applying to be a part of the 2021 Orientation Team.
OA Frosh Trip Leaders play a tremendous role in welcoming incoming students to Princeton and introducing first-year & transfer students to our shared values and traditions.
We are working in collaboration with the Orientation Office to plan for Orientation 2021-- as of now, program details have not yet been determined. We do know that OA Leaders will play a vital role in supporting the transition of the Class of 2025, and we hope that you will join our team!
Being an Orientation Leader is a significant responsibility. All OA Orientation Leaders are required to:
- Be prepared to fully commit to OA for Tuesday, August 17th through Thursday, August 26th. During this period of Pre-Trip & Frosh Trip, you should not plan to have any non-OA responsibilities (e.g. internships).
- Complete any required online summer training modules created by Orientation or Outdoor Action
- Participate in all aspects of Pretrip for Central Orientation and Outdoor Action.
- Participate in all of the required OA post-trip events including deissue, debriefs and post-trip feedback forms.
Act as an Orientation Leader:
- I will facilitate conversations and activities with my participants as part of the overall University orientation curriculum and support the mission and values of Princeton University and Outdoor Action.
- I will cultivate a respectful and inclusive environment for my participants and co-leaders.
- I understand that I am an ongoing source of support and mentoring beyond the trip and agree to be a resource to my participants throughout their first year.
- I agree not to serve alcohol to my participants during their first year.
Be dedicated to the development of an effective leadership team:
- I agree to contribute as an equal member of my co-leadership team.
- I will do daily debriefs and planning sessions with my co-leader(s) to ensure the best possible experience for everyone.
- I will provide positive and constructive feedback to my coleader(s) and will receive it as well.
In addition to agreeing to the expectations above, the Orientation Leader Application includes two essays as a way for you to demonstrate your commitment to the University's Orientation goals.
Frosh Trip Dates 2021 - Tentative
We anticipate an on-campus arrival date of August 17th for OA Leaders, but this has not yet been confirmed. Do NOT make non-refundable travel plans until you receive further guidance.
OA Orientation is currently scheduled to conclude the evening of Thursday, August 26th.
To be eligible to lead OA Orientation 2021, you must have completed the following leader training components by the end of the Spring Semester. If you are currently going through Leader Training now, you can submit an application and your eligibility will be based on completing all of the trainers this spring.
- Leadership Workshop Series (either 101 & 102 OR Parts A-B-C OR the 4-part Wintersession series)
- Outdoor Technical Skills Series (either Parts X & Y OR the 3-part Wintersession series OR prior in-person training with OA)
- Managing Safety Workshop
After the specific format for Orientation 2021 is determined, we will assess if any additional training is required. If required, we will offer that training either during pre-trip or online during the summer.
For returning leaders: We are aware that some of you may have expiring wilderness first and/or CPR certifications. First Aid is not a requirement for Orientation at this time, so we are not currently offering recertification classes. If appropriate, we will offer medical training for all leaders in August.
It is not too late to begin Leader Training! All courses are being offered throughout the month of April-- registration is available at My.Princeton.edu (view 'Upcoming Events' for Outdoor Action).
Here are the Essay Questions that are part of the application. We recommend that you write them all first and then cut and paste them into your application.
- What do you see as the Orientation goals for Frosh Trip? (200 - 300 words)
- Why do you feel that you will be a good role model for freshmen? (200 - 300 words)
Application Deadline: Friday, April 16th at 11:59pm
Frosh Trip Coordinator Position
We are still accepting applications for Frosh Trip Coordinators for Summer 2021. Apply online at FTC Application.