As part of Mental Health Awareness Month, Outdoor Action and Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) hosted Dr. Jud Brewer '96 MD PhD for a webinar exploring the physiology of anxiety and how we can 'unlearn' millions of years of evolution to be more mindful and less stressed. Jud is a former OA Leader Trainer who says, "I first learned about growth mindset through OA and it changed my entire career trajectory." His TED talk from 2016 has over 15 million views. You'll really enjoy his down to earth and practical insights on how to take control of stress.
- Dr. Jud's web site: https://drjud.com
- Dr. Jud's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6bQu-Df7Wh2x3gFT5a8aw
- Counseling & Psychological Services: https://uhs.princeton.edu/counseling-psychological-services/counseling
- Campus Rec offers free One on One Mindfulness sessions with our Yoga Ambassador: https://campusrec.princeton.edu/fitness-wellness/group-fitness
- Outdoor Action: Get Outside with Outdoors 101 https://outdooraction.princeton.edu/
- Office of Religious Life:
- Weekly Meditation Sessions: https://religiouslife.princeton.edu/events/weekly-meditation
- S.K.Y. Campus Happiness Program: https://religiouslife.princeton.edu/events/sky-campus-happiness-program
More about "Dr. Jud"
Jud Brewer MD PhD (“Dr. Jud”) is a thought leader in the field of habit change and the “science of self-mastery”, having combined over 20 years of experience with mindfulness training with his scientific research. He is the Director of Research and Innovation at the Mindfulness Center and associate professor in Behavioral and Social Sciences and Psychiatry at the Schools of Public Health & Medicine at Brown University.
A psychiatrist and internationally-known expert in mindfulness training for addictions, Brewer has developed and tested novel mindfulness programs for habit change, including both in-person and app-based treatments for smoking, emotional eating, and anxiety. He has trained US Olympic athletes and coaches, foreign government ministers. His work has been featured on 60 Minutes, TED, the New York Times, Time magazine, Forbes, BBC, NPR, Al Jazeera, Businessweek and others.
Dr. Jud founded MindSciences to move his clinical mindfulness discoveries into the hands of consumers (www.drjud.com). He is the author of The Craving Mind: from cigarettes to smartphones to love, why we get hooked and how we can break bad habits and Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind.